Thursday, April 10, 2008

Christening the Blog

Welcome, welcome, welcome.

So I've been coerced into writing an initial blog entry, just go get the figurative ball rolling. Never had a blog before, so this is definately a learning curve. Never had a blog, never kept a journal growing up, nothing, nada, zip. So this whole notion of making my thoughts tangible is a bit different for me at the moment.

I've been watching all of the YouTube videos, and how what sorts of ends some people are willing to go to so that their message is creatively passed on. I mean, for example, Lee LeFever's videos on blogs and RSS was humourous and engaging.

For anyone who doesn't know who I am already, my name's Perrin, and I'm a 21 year old university student from Brisbane, Queensland, AUSTRALIA!

I'm studying a double degree in International Business and Creative Industries at QUT, and this is my fourth year at uni. So far I've loathed every single minute I've spent at uni, but on a flip side, I've learned a hell of a lot, and it's kept me coming back for more... Go figure...

Creative Industries particularly is like an onion I'm finding... There are literally so many links, layers, extensions, sidestreets, tangents, whatever you want to call them, it's such a broad and far reaching phenomenon. For example, I've studied how the popularity of the Internet and increased pursuits of individuals has given rise to a myriad of online communities, forming 'virtual cultures'. It's opened my eyes to the expanse of creativity in life.

I've been roped into creating this blog for an assessment for KCB201 Virtual Cultures, so from now on in, all my posts will be related to my take on content we learn in classes.

So, I'm not going to appologise in advance if you get bored, you're the dummy that's kept reading, when you could have gone off some other tangent and kept surfing. So suffer.... scroll down...

2 comments:

Kate Chambers: 2008 World Vision Youth Ambassador said...

I like the analogy of CI as an onion, does this also mean it makes you cry? :)

Impeccable Pig said...

Thanks for the response. I think Creative Industries has the potential to be a tear jerker, because it is just such a complex realm, but I haven't cried yet. Have you read Charles Leadbeater's "Delia Smith not Adam Smith"? It gave me the queue to link CI with food... Starving university students!